This newborn-size infant allows health care facilities and medical staff to teach special procedures and develop a nursing care plan for special needs infants. The simulator was developed for a wide range of educational training, including beginning nursing students. Medical devices that can be used include: suction catheter, gastrostomy tube, nasogastric tube, and urethral catheter. Three-year warranty. Carry bag included. Tracheostomy and gastrostomy tubes not included.
Procedures that can be practiced include:
• Tracheostomy care (lavage and suctioning)
• Gastrostomy care (lavage and gavage)
• Nasogastric care (placement, lavage, gavage, and suctioning)
• Urethra catheterization (insertion, placement, and care)
• Colostomy stoma (basic care purposes only)